Retard rumen-buffer-product for ruminating animals
Buffers are applied the most frequently when using forage of high quantity and with high (in most cases finely-ground) proportion of grains, and also when using feed with low crude fibre content, which is chopped too short, thus it does not have appropriate structural effectiveness.
In practice, inorganic rumen-buffer is given, for example sodium hydrogen carbonate (baking soda), magnesium-oxide and nowadays magnesium-hydrogen carbonate, usually in the dosage of 50-250 g/day/ animal, depending on the product and on the severity of acidosis.
Baking soda has excellent puffer-capacity; but in a same time due to its fast dissolution it causes serious oscillation of the pH-value of rumen fluid. And it can easily be overdosed. To eliminate this, our company retardizes the buffers used in the product with a special method, and as a result the pH-value of the rumen fluid will remain on the optimal level for longer period.
ADVANTAGES OF FEEDING RETARD RUMEN BUFFER (REPU-GO)
- It affects the chemical reaction of rumen fluid in a prolonged way (the optimal pH-value is /6,4-6,8/ to ensure).
- The developing of the optimal rumen fluid chemical reaction has a favourable effect on the reproduction of the cellulose-releasing bacteria.
- It reduces the loss of appetite developed due to rumen-acidosis.
- It softens the negative effects of rumen-acidosis exerted on immunosuppressive and reproduction-biological processes (e.g.: increase of somatic cell-number, development of lameness, declension of fertility index, appearance of ovary cysts, increase of time between two births, etc.).
- It improves milk production and improves the fat-content of milk.
APPLICATION IS ESPECIALLY SUGGESTED
In case of the following: high proportion of feed concentrate, fibrous fodder feeding problems, husbandry technological- and heat-stress, sudden change in feed, feeding feed containing rapeseed cake and other UFA (unsaturated) fatty acids.
50-200 g/cow/day (it is suggested for feeding especially in the first phase of lactaion)
The product can be used effectively in the feeding of dairy sheep and goat.